Not all dogs enjoy a day care environment, just like not all humans like being thrown into a room with 25 or so other people… they are all different! We want to ensure that our guests have a personality that suits the day care and grooming environment. The safety of our staff and our dogs is very important to us and the evaluation process will help us avoid any potential problems and keep everybody happy. Our best interest is in your dog, their happiness, wellbeing and safety.
Terms and Conditions (the very short, tl;dr version)We require that all dogs that enter our premises, whether for grooming or daycare
- are de-sexed after 6 months,
- have been treated for worms and fleas recently,
- are microchipped,
- are registered with your local city council
- that their DHPP and Infectious canine cough vaccinations are up to date.
- Please bring in their vet records or ask your vet to email us through their vaccination history so we can confirm this.
- You must book at least 48 hours before you turn up
- Your dog must not be aggressive toward humans or other dogs
- There are penalties for not turning up, rescheduling an appointment on short notice or not picking up your dog on time
The evaluation process is the first step to helping your pet have the fulfilling, fun and social experience that they deserve. We like to meet with you when you drop your dog off on their first day to discuss your dog’s needs and temperament before they jump into a day’s activities.
If we are happy that your dog is going to enjoy attending daycare, we offer 25% off their first 10 trip pass. This is only offered on the day of the trial. If you purchase the 10 trip pass on the day of the trial we will use one of the discounted days from this concession for the trial. If we don’t think The Barking Lot Environment is suitable or you don’t want to buy the discounted 10 trip we charge our standard rate based on how long they are in for.. 10 trip passes have a one year expiry date, so you can use them whenever you like up to a year of the purchase date.
Terms & Conditions
We want to ensure that our guests have a personality that suits the Day Care and grooming environment. The safety of our staff and our dogs is very important to us and the evaluation process will help us avoid any potential problems and keep everybody happy.
I (the owner) hereby declare to The Barking Lot that I am the legal owner of my dog and that
- my dog has not been exposed to distemper, rabies or parvo within the past (30) thirty days
- my dog has been inoculated as indicated by records presented
- my dog is currently and properly licensed with my local city council and microchipped
I accept the risks involved and agree that The Barking Lot is not liable for any injuries or illnesses resulting during my dog’s attendance. I understand that if my dog has a history of aggression or biting, The Barking Lot reserves the right to refuse entry to my dog and that I have disclosed to The Barking Lot all known dangers associated with my dog.
I understand that I am liable for any medical care expenses and damages that result from injuries caused by my dog. I expressly waive and relinquish any and all claims against The Barking Lot, its employees and representatives, except those arising from negligence on the part of The Barking Lot.
I understand that under no circumstances will The Barking Lot be liable for consequential damages or damages beyond the replacement value of my dog. If any medical problems develop while my dog is in the care of The Barking Lot, I authorise The Barking Lot to do whatever they deem necessary for the safety, health and wellbeing of my dog and I agree to assume full financial responsibility for any and all expenses incurred.
I understand that The Barking Lot has the right to refuse service to me and my dog at any time and for any reason. Further to the terms and conditions outlined here, I confirm that I have read and understood the daily Rules and Regulations as outlined.
Payment / Cancellations
We require bookings for daycare clients at least 48 hours before you intend to bring them in so we can confirm we have space for them. Anyone that shows up without a booking (made two business days before you need to book them in) will be turned away. If you have a regular day in mind, you can pre-book regular days too… just give us a timely heads up if you can’t make those days for whatever reason ?
I understand that…
- I must pay for any day care in advance, using one of our concessions or on the day.
- I must allow at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation or change in schedule day / time and that I will be charged 100% for ‘no shows’.
- if I cancel my grooming appointment less than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time that I will have to pay the $40 cancellation fee.
- the hours of operation are 7:30am – 6:30 pm and a $15 late fee charge applies for every 15 minutes thereafter. If I have not picked my dog up by 7:30pm, The Barking Lot will make arrangements for overnight boarding at my expense.
- If I purchase a half day service and fail to pick up my dog within 5 hours, I will be charged the full day rate. And if I fail to pick up my dog by 6:30pm, additional late fees will apply as above. Any “no shows” will result in you having a day taken from your daycare concession pass BECAUSE we will have reserved that spot for your dog which could have been taken by someone else.
The Barking Lot reserves the right to refuse a refund of any concession passes purchased unless notified within 48 hours of the initial purchase. Concession passes purchased have a one year expiry date.
Evaluation trial days are required for all new dogs attending The Barking Lot regardless of previous day care experience.
The evaluation involves
- Application form – to assess basic day-care eligibility;
- Meet and Greet/ Trial Session – attendance at The Barking Lot to assess suitability and temperament is required before regular daycare attendance can happen
All dogs must be well socialised, or in training.
All dogs must be non-aggressive and not food- or toy-protective.
Owners must certify that their dogs have not harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behaviour towards any person and/or other dog(s).
The Barking Lot reserves the right to dismiss any dog from day-care should they show aggressive or threatening behaviour at any time as indicated by our traffic light system (see below). Dogs that continue to show problematic behaviour may be required to limit their visits and/or undergo behaviour modification/training.
Traffic Light System
To ensure The Barking Lot is a safe and positive environment, we have a “traffic light” system. If dogs show undesirable or unsafe behaviour, we can monitor whether we think the environment is suitable and communicate with you, in-person where possible. Unless urgent action must be taken and the dog is not welcome back, our aim is to work with you to manage any problems and keep in touch daily regarding the dog’s behaviour.
- Green: Dog is suitable for The Barking Lot environment.
- Orange: Your dog is displaying certain behaviours which could lead to the dismissal of your dog being able to attend daycare.
- Red: Automatic dismissal.
Typically, 3 orange lights will lead to a red light. If we continually see signs of orange, this also means your dog is not suitable for the environment at The Barking Lot. You can read more about our traffic light system here.
The following are the Vaccination Protocols here at ‘The Barking Lot – Grooming’.
Puppies (8 weeks – 17 weeks)
Puppies must have at least their second vaccination and can only get a puppy groom
(see poster for details). They will be kept separate from the other dogs during their
stay due to their inability to be fully vaccinated.
Adolescent/Adult (18 weeks and older)
Dogs older than 17 weeks must have their Kennel Cough and DHPP vaccinations up
to date at the time of their appointment for a booking to be made. All grooming
options are available to these dogs.